Hi guys! I’m back with part 2 of my “10 Tips for Clear Skin.” My first 5 tips can be found here, and here is my second installment:
6. Wash your face every night with no exception: This may seem self-explanatory, but many, many women do not abide by this rule! Think about all the pollutants and bacteria your skin is exposed to throughout the course of your day – do you really want that sinking into your pores over the night? Hell no. When you’re tired it may seem tedious to take off all your makeup and give the face a thorough washing but believe me, your skin will thank you and reciprocate by being clear and radiant!
7. Invest in quality skincare products: I know sometimes my friends (and my mother) cringe when they discover how expensive my skincare products can be, but it’s important to remember – this is your face! How you treat your face at a young age will significantly affect how you will age and look in 40 years time. You should invest just as much money in skincare as you would with makeup, clothes or accessories. Also, as always, high prices mean high quality
8. Don’t touch your face!: This also seems self-explanatory but is often overlooked. The more you touch your skin, the more breakout-producing bacteria and oils your skin is exposed to. This goes for hair too! Having oily hair touching the perimeter of your face all the time, and especially the forehead for bangs, causes breakouts as well.
9. Be patient: As a member of the Millennial generation, I want results and I want them now. But with skin and skincare products, results take time, especially for serious breakouts. It can take your skin days or even weeks to adjust to a new product or routing and begin clearing up. So if you don’t see clear skin immediately, just wait!
10. Eat healthy!!!! This is one of the most crucial tips of this post! While it is important to treat skin from the outside, it is also essential to treat it from the inside as well! Avoid overly salty or sugary foods that will make you break out and stick to healthy options like fruits and veggies. Lay off the soda and drink lots and lots of water to stay hydrated – remember it’s all about the moisture!
Following these 10 guidelines will help you detox and clarify the skin, with less breakouts and increased radiance. Of course, these tips won’t necessarily help hormonal breakouts or serious acne that requires a dermatologist or medication, but for normal, pesky zits, blackheads and pimples these tips should help – I know they do for me!
What are your best tips for clear skin?